It’s no secret, professionals from various departments must work together to correctly calculate Customer Lifetime Value (CLV), Customer acquisition cost (CAC) or Lead-to-customer ratios. This episode we explore how collaboration and communication is always essential to ensure these calculations and others take into account all relevant factors.
“The way I think about it is that FP&A really needs to design the questions we’re trying to answer. The data analytics team needs to be able to write the queries to answer those questions. And our data and engineering team has to put the data in a structure that we can query and get value out of it.”
—John McCauley, CFO, Calendly.
This episode features the FP&A insights and commentary of CFO Thomas Fennimore of Luminar Technologies, CFO Jared Poff of Designer Brands, and CFO John McCauley of Calendly.
The Collaborating Departments:
- Marketing – for data on customer acquisition costs, customer behavior and spending patterns, product mix and market trends.
- Sales – for data on customer purchase history and patterns, customer feedback, and cross-selling opportunities.
- Customer Service – for data on customer complaints, customer satisfaction, and customer retention.
- Finance – for data on costs and revenue, discount rates, and discount structures.
- Data Science/Analytics – for data analysis, modeling, and validation of CLV calculations.
About our Guest Host: Soufyan Hamid
FP&A troubleshooter Soufyan Hamid helps finance teams primarily in two ways: First, he works as an FP&A project leader or team member on mid to long term assignments. Second, he helps finance professionals take their presentation skills to the next level. Visit Soufyan’s website or connect with Soufyan via his LinkedIn page